What PLAYtek is all About.
PLAYtek was established to meet the needs of bright, curious students who want to delve more deeply into technology and learning. Through *S.T.E.A.M. based activities that are age- appropriate and build upon prior knowledge, students have opportunities to do the following:
- Explore with hands-on activities that engage minds and feed innate curiosities.
- Work both individually and collaboratively.
- Learn resourcefulness and appropriate risk taking.
- Engage in creative thinking and problem solving.
- Learn to re-frame ‘failure’ by using mistakes as feedback that fuel ‘next step’ trouble-shooting.
- Test theories and persist with challenging tasks.
- Explore styles of leadership and communication.
- Recognize and practice a growth-mindset.
What can PLAYtek provide students?
Workshops and Special Events
- Real world 21st-century contexts for project and inquiry-based learning.
- Explorations into basic programming, robotics and inventing.
- Camaraderie with like-minded students.
- Self-directed and active learning.
- Time to tinker and figure out how things work.
- Awareness of leadership styles and traits.
- The 4 C’s—Creativity, Collaboration, Communication, Critical Thinking
PLAYtek offers workshops and special events for adults. PLAYtek partners have presented workshops for the South Carolina Montessori Alliance at their annual conference,were \ featured presenters at the SC Arts Alliance conference and have also lead workshops for Road Scholar events.
Events can focus on team building, curriculum development, or as an open ended STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) exploration. Workshops and events are interactive, dynamic and entertaining.
A unique experience you and your friends and colleagues will never forget!